Childrens Residential Support worker (Immediate start)
Are you are looking for a permanent support position working with young people?
Are you committed to your ongoing training and development?
Do you have experience working with young people with SEN needs?
SEN Central are currently recruiting residential support workers to support young people with special needs at a specialist residential school and home.
If you are able to work with young people with SEN needs and associated behaviours and would like the opportunity of a full time position then we would like to hear from you.
About The Role
This role will consist of supporting young people ( age 8 -19) emotionally and physically, helping them in everyday life with chores, accompanying them to events and going on outings, supporting them within the home and with their education within the classroom. It can be very rewarding work, however it can be challenging too so you must be comfortable with challenging behaviour to apply for the position. Pupils have complex communication needs, learning difficulties or are autistic. Working within a supportive team you will be required to work well within a team and individually.
Shifts are either early or late (7.15 am- 4pm or 1.30pm -10pm)
Our requirements for the role;
We are looking for support workers that;
* Have a genuine passion for working with young people and enjoy working within a motivated team.
* Are very resilient and have the ability to work with pupils with challenging behaviour.
* Have supported SEN pupils within either a voluntary, primary or secondary or residential SEN setting
* Have supported young people/adults in small groups or on a one to one basis
* Have the ability to work with initiative, resourcefulness and passion in order to support pupils
* Able to consistently engage through praise, direction and individual support.
* Are highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised
* Ideally hold a Level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent qualification)/ however we will also consider candidates who have experience of working in a support role within a care or special needs setting without a qualification as the school is able to support you through your Level 3 qualification.
This is a 12 week placement through SEN Central which offers the opportunity of a full time position at the end of this period.
About the Client
Our client is an SEN Ofsted Graded 'Good' residential school and home which provides education for primary and secondary pupils as well as a residential home. Support is mainly given on a one to one basis and in small groups. Working within a supportive team you will be required to work well within a team and individually. Our client is also able to provide ongoing specific training for this role.
Benefits of working with SEN Central
* Dedicated consultant who will work with you to achieve your ideal role
* Join an agency where you feel valued, you are not a number, we care about what we do and work hard to find you employment
* Specialist SEN roles in schools, voluntary and independent settings
* Holiday pay paid
* Develop yourself with ongoing CPD training
About SEN Central
SEN Central is a specialist recruitment agency which specialises in SEND staffing for educational, voluntary and independent settings. We provide SEND staffing for temporary, long term and permanent positions. Our areas of expertise are; support roles, teachers, specialist roles and leadership. Our service works in partnership with our candidates and clients equally to ensure that you receive the best service levels and experience.
SEN Central Limited is acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that prior to any offer of work all candidates will be subject to full vetting in line with DFE safer recruitment guidelines to confirm your suitability to work with children and young people.