New exciting opportunity for an Automation Maintenance Engineer to join a world class manufacturer at their Telford site. Due to sizeable investment, ongoing projects and an influx of customer orders, our client requires a skilled and experienced Electrical Engineering professional to join their very successful and welcoming planned maintenance support teams.
As the Automation/ Electrical Maintenance Engineer you will provide engineering support for the factory and the operations department to ensure the efficient running of production machinery (FMCG) and that the site continue to function as required. Reacting quickly and efficiently to repairs whilst minimising down time is a clear objective. Support of PPM schedule showing an ability to logically fault find and repair. You will also be heavily involved in all capex and improvement projects.
The Job Role:
- Responsible for engineering activities in an FMCG process.
- Program and Electrical Maintenance on all production equipment.
- Installation, maintenance and improving Engineering systems.
- Defining, specifying and delivering improvement projects on time and in full.
- Developing a CMMS by optimising planned preventative maintenance and condition based monitoring systems.
- Responsible for effective RCA and implementing robust countermeasures for engineering, maintenance and production losses.
- Supporting the creation and development of departmental systems to World Class Manufacturing standards.
- Support and create initiatives to apply a TPM/WCM strategy.
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects in both engineering and production.
- Ensure that PPM schedules are completed to ensure system and machine performance are optimised.
- Modify and improve existing software on a variety of PLC, HMI and portal systems
Experience / Requirements:
- Time served electrically-biased Engineer with strong qualifications
- Strong Electrical Engineering background and experience with PPM schedules
- You will have strong experience in modifying software programs on a variety of PLC's, HMI'S, Drives and IT systems.
In return for your skills and experience:
This is a full time position with a company offering long term employment prospects with overtime available to boost Annual earnings on top of an already competitive salary
EXCELLENT employment benefits to include competitive holiday entitlement, sick pay and contributory pension.
My client is keen to meet experienced Automation Engineers with flexible interview slots available! If you think this is the role for you please apply straight away! If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Robin at Proactive.