Non Production Buyer
SF Group are looking for a Non-Production Buyer, responsible for specific commodities & services for a well established business in the Staffordshire area.
We are looking for someone with the ability to engage with internal stakeholders globally, working closely with them to develop, challenge and manage existing suppliers, whilst selecting and introducing new suppliers, and becoming actively involved in supporting new initiatives and projects.
1. Create and implement commodity strategies that provide best cost solutions for the group.
2. Control and lead global price / contract negotiations with suppliers.
3. The control and measurement of commercial contracts ensuring strict compliance.
4. Analysis of global market data to ensure that company are getting a competitive package.
5. Drive service improvements from existing and new sources of supply by ensuring that best practice is being used.
6. Achieve year on year cost savings consistent with the Purchasing budget.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The candidate will have the CIPS qualification, ideally with a business degree and with at least 5 years purchasing experience within Non Production / Indirect Purchasing department.
The candidate should be a well organised individual who has a proven background that can be used in conjunction with their strong negotiation skills, alongside the knowledge of the legal framework that surrounds supplier contracts.
Excellent analytical skill along with proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point office applications are necessary for the role. It would be advantageous if the candidate was also a competent user of SAP Ariba.
If you feel you are right for this role, please apply below!