Hire Desk and Transport Coordinator
Our client is an innovative company based near Leamington Spa. They are a leading provider of niche vehicle hire. Due to continued expansion they are now looking to acquire the services of a self-motivated Hire Desk and Transport Coordinator to ensure the efficient operation of the hire desk. This is a fantastic opportunity which will suit a highly accurate candidate with excellent attention to detail and exceptional prioritisation skills. Due to the rural location, you must be able to drive and have access to your own transport.
- Taking hire calls, checking availability of vehicles, processing orders and drivers run sheets.
- Liaising with drivers and engineers to ensure machines are ready for loading.
- Updating the hire and transport boards.
- Scheduling drivers runs, arranging external transport if required.
- Processing special movement orders for the larger machines.
- Liaising with drivers on delivery and collection times, site restrictions and stipulations.
- Ensuring the service schedules are booked and drivers are notified.
- Processing the DVSA weekly and monthly reports.
- Understanding cost control and costs associated with transport and hire.
- Planning ahead as much as possible to ensure drivers know if they need to be out overnight.
- Raising transport purchase orders and updating the transport log.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to timescales and deadlines.
- Ideally have a background from the hire industry, not essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good level of IT skill - using Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel etc.
- Excellent organisation skills and keen eye for detail.
- Good communication skills - phone and email.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Mali Osmelak on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.