Ecorys UK is leading International management consultancy delivering innovative solutions in research and evaluation, communications and programme management services for a range of UK and European public and private sector organisations. We have passionate teams working on meaningful policies that have an impact on people's lives around the world. We're a socially responsible, employee-owned organisation that gives 1% of our profits to charity each year. Our working culture promotes personal and career development and you'll be part of a large international group with offices worldwide. Ecorys operates a flexible working policy.
About the Role:
Our Programme Management & Communication Business Unit help public, private and civil society organisations deliver and communicate their grants programmes across the UK. We have a long standing reputation for the management of multi-million pound grants programmes for government departments and third sector bodies.
We are currently recruiting for a Communications Consultant to work within our Programme Management and Communications Business Unit. As a Communications Consultant you will work with Ecorys colleagues, partner organisations, subcontractors and associates in the UK and across Europe in order to:
- Deliver Ecorys communication services for national, EU28 and international markets.
- Contribute to work-winning.
We provide a variety of communications services for our clients, ranging from one-off publications, presentations and videos, to fully-fledged campaigns incorporating cross-media promotion and social media strategies.
Our work covers a wide range of areas including education and training, employment and social affairs, civil society, justice and home affairs, innovation and technology, entrepreneurship and SMEs, media, culture, sports, youth and EU affairs.
This role can be based in either Birmingham or London however Birmingham is the preferred location.
You will work as part of a team reporting to the Director (Communications), but to specifically take responsibility for:
Coordinating and delivering existing and new communication contracts and assignments:
- This will include a wide range of editorial tasks including drafting, editing, updating, revising English content for websites (including content management), print and electronic publications and reports for our clients including the European Commission, international organisations and public bodies in the UK and around the world
- You will take part in the delivery of other communications activities and events such as conferences, seminars, competitions, etc. The post-holder will contribute to developing and implementing social media strategies, and production and distribution of high quality, engaging social media content
- Contribute with ideas, concepts, and storylines to the creative processes in the production of audio-visual materials
- Liaising with other in-house teams as well as partners, external experts and providers (e.g. writers, photographers, printers, designers and production staff) and oversee all stage of the production process and project cycle
Assisting in the process of winning a stream of new contracts:
- Contributing to proposals in response to new requests from clients on existing Framework contracts or in tenders Ecorys will be bidding for
- Help to develop, where necessary, partnerships with appropriate organisations and identify experts to ensure we have a fully rounded bid
Essential qualifications, experience and skills:
- Graduate level or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Previous experience in communications and project management
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the capacity to summarise and communicate about complex matters in a clear, precise and simple way
- Ability to lead on key operational area, working on own initiative and as part of a team demonstrating excellent co-ordination and organisational skills, including the ability to assimilate large amounts of information
- Experience working across a variety of media including social networks, websites and publications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Computer literacy - knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel
Desirable experience and skills:
- EU related experience
- Experience in business development in the UK and European/international markets
- Experience in proposal preparation
- Experience in working with both UK and international clients
- Ability in French and/other European Union languages
The post holder will be expected to travel through UK and abroad, and work outside normal office hours, including nights away from home
Closing date: Friday 1st March 2019