For two Centuries Hall & Pickles have supplied Steel throughout the UK and today we hold a comprehensive range of general steel and strip mill products with full stock coverage of popular sizes in all major product groups. We are renowned for stocking the widest range of re-rolled and hollow section products in the UK.
Our company sets the highest quality standards to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. These involve meeting National, European and international Standards, plus ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
We are looking for a Cutting Operative to work in our busy Wombourne warehouse, on rotating shifts, 6.00am–2.00pm / 2.00pm–10.00pm, Monday to Friday.
The Operative will be responsible for cutting lengths of steel to precise customer requirements and using cranes and overhead lifting gear. In order to be considered for the role, it is important that candidates applying can demonstrate the following skills /experience /attributes: -
- Experience working within a heavy duty warehouse environment (metals/steel background)
- Hydmech Band Saw experience would be an advantage or Adige ERW saw
- Good level of maths and literacy
- Demonstrate the ability to work accurately and to precise measurements
- Work consistently to necessary Health & Safety Regulations
- Strong communicator and able to work well with others
- Willing to participate in training and development
- Takes pride in doing a good job and adheres to company policies and procedures
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent position
Working Hours: 37.5 per week (Shifts: 6.00am – 2.00pm / 2.00pm – 10.00pm Monday to Friday)
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Pension Scheme, Health Cash Plan & Life Assurance (on successful completion of Probationary period)
Hourly Rate: £8.53 (Starting Salary - Reviewed on completion of successful Probation Period)
Please email CV / details to: Kathryn.Kelly@hallandpickles.co.uk