Commercial Accountant - Bromsgrove - 35 - 45k
Are you looking to move away from month end and keen to build relationships across the business?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a GBP50m manufacturing subsidiary in Bromsgrove who were acquired a few years back by one of the largest organisations in Scandinavia, with an aim of growing the organisation organically and opened up new opportunities in Europe.
Due to growth, the organisation now needs a Commercial Accountant who can support both Commercial, Supply chain with relevant financial analysis and other business functions as required and appropriate.
The role would suit a Finalist or recently Qualified Accountant who is confident preparing management accounts and would like to expand on their interaction with other departments. The first week and a half of the month will be focused on supporting the month end process, with the remainder of the time spent driving change and building relationships with various departments. Due to the relationship with the parent company ad hoc reporting will be required and it will be to key build relationships with the group function (occasional travel may be needed).
The CFO has a proven track record of developing his team with multiple examples of individuals now in leadership positions across the Midlands, and is more than willing to hand over as much exposure as the Commercial Accountant can handle. The Ideal person is going to want to understand the numbers, and actually use them to understand what a slight change in margin or what a reduction of labour would do to the team on the shop floor.
The role would suit an individual who is at the final stages of their qualification or recently Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA and is now looking for a role that will offer a varied role with opportunities for internal progression. This is the type of role that will see somebody move away from month end in 12 month - 2 years and into a full Finance Business Partner position.
Commercial Accountant in Bromsgrove responsibilities:
- Be instrumental in the development of reporting processes, systems and routines and Improve quality and efficiency of periodic reporting based on group reporting guidelines
- Work with the business to create a suite of readily available, consistent and accurate management information to assist local management with running the business, including marketing, sales, supply chain, production, departmental overheads etc ensuring compliance with group reporting requirements above
- Assist the business in establishing and assessing revenue and cost performance processes actions
- Prepare and present budget, forecasts, financial analyses and ad hoc projects as required
- Participation in projects and contribute with perspectives on profitability, innovations, new business and other matters as may be appropriate from time to time
- All other duties as requested
Commercial Accountant Package
- GBP35,000 - GBP45,000
- Flexi hours
- 25 days holiday