Learning & Development Advisor/HR Advisor
SF Group are currently recruiting for a Learning and Development Advisor/HR Advisor for our engineering client based in Rugby.
The salary for the role is £30,000 the role will involve travel so you just be a car driver.
The purpose of the role is working within a small team and reporting to the HR Director this position will provide technical support and advice to the business units and HR. The role will be the first point of contact for the line managers and employees when seeking advice on recruitment or learning and development matters.
The HR Advisor L & D will ensure their technical knowledge is current and will possess the ability to apply this to a wide variety of operational situations through a practical and commercial approach.
- Design, develop, deliver and evaluate the Academy Learning and development programme
- Deliver HR courses covering a wide range of employment related topics. This will include course design, co-ordination of venue and administration of delegate attendance.
- Review, implement and deliver succession planning, performance development reviews, individual development planning and individual performance improvement plans.
- Support business units with the co-ordination and administration of the Apprenticeship Programme, including recruiting, liaising with training providers, ensuring apprenticeships levy is utilised and arranging group training activities.
- Review and develop the company induction process, ensuring associated documents are fit for purpose and delivery of group induction.
- Support business units with recruitment activities ensuring job descriptions are in place, assessment and interview selection methods are appropriate. This may involve co-ordination/administration support through to attendance at interviews.
- Design, introduce, deliver and monitor a Graduate recruitment and development programme. Working in conjunction with business unit leaders to create a fit for purpose and timely programme.
- Co-ordinate the New Starter process ranging from issuing of contracts of employment, checking of legal documents, reference request, ensuring a smooth on-boarding experience to close out of probationary period review.
- Support the HR Director and be actively involved in HR improvement initiatives (induction project, employee communications, intranet design etc)
- Research, write and communicate information briefing on a range of HR L&D related topics.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of attendees, certificates issued and HR system kept up to date to enable accurate management reporting.
- A proven track record of working in an advisory role with previous experience of designing, delivering training programmes
- A working knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal with a high level of situational sensitivity and confidentiality
- Excellent presentation skills and an engaging manner
- Ability to think and plan ahead, to take a methodical and organised approach to tasks
- Completer/finisher style, tenacious with the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility, to be able to carry-out duties not part of the normal remit in the interests of them
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent
If you are interested in this role, please apply or for more information contact Harbinder Soul on