HGV / Plant Fitter - Birmingham
Mobile HGV/plant fitter
Location - Birmingham
Basic salary - £24,000 - £30,000
- Servicing, maintenance and repairing of heavy plant equipment.
- Investigating, diagnosing and repairing machine faults.
- Carrying out pre and post hire checks.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with customers.
- Complying with all company policy and procedures, including health & safety.
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive service and maintenance records.
- Identifying and capturing machine damage, investigating and documenting, as appropriate.
- Undertaking additional responsibilities as required by the business.
Required skills and qualifications:
- NVQ level 3 in plant maintenance.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role or having served a recognised apprenticeship in this field.
- Previous experience of working with, and knowledge of, heavy construction plant and equipment / hgv is essential.
- The ability to investigate and diagnose technical faults and take ownership to resolve problems.
- The ability to work to high standards, with an attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
- Self-motivated, with excellent organisation and time management skills, and the ability to work unsupervised, using their own initiative, as well as being able to work as part of a small team.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build good working relationships with plant operators, site personnel and customers. providing excellent levels of service to our customers.
- Full driving licence is essential.