Fleet & Plant Services Manager
Fleet & Plant Services Manager
£40,000-£45,000 P/A (Depending on Experience)
Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent Multi-disciplined Civil Engineering company based in Cambridge.
My client is looking for an experienced Fleet and Plant Manager to be able to hit the ground running in an already successful and busy company. The Group Fleet & Plant Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the company's Fleet and Plant Operations are run in a professional and efficient manner in relation to Health & Safety, profitability, customer care and all operations within the Workshop Department.
The ideal background would be some with experience in the following.
- Civil Engineering
- Traffic Management
- Plant operations
- Oversee and manage a large team to ensure daily operations of Doocey Group Fleet and Pant departments are providing services to match required customer service standards
- Manage the O Licence requirements for the Group in accordance with the Highways Commissioner
- Ensure FORS accreditation is maintained
- Manage the overall vehicle and plant inspection programme to agreed frequencies, ensuring all required works are carried out and accurate records are maintained
- Ensure all vehicle and plant servicing, maintenance and calibration is completed on time and in a cost effective manner and that accurate records are maintained
- Manage unplanned work resulting from breakdowns and emergencies in an efficient manner, prioritising as required to deliver 24 hours call out services
- Plan and manage preventative and corrective mechanical maintenance of all items of plant/fleet to maximize lifespan and meet required Health and Safety standards
- Overall responsibility for multiple depot plant/fleet requirements, including sites in the West Midlands and Cambridge
- Monitor and approve job sheets and job cards ensuring correct allocation and recording of time and materials and daily production levels are achieved
- Ensure robust stock control processes are in place for the ordering, storage and issue of garage parts
- Source new suppliers and drive down external spending
- Produce management reports for directors and senior managers to agreed frequency and timescales, including internal and external plant hire revenue, and vehicle and plant utilisation
- Develop and maintain the Fleet business plan providing retime data for the senior management team
- Proactively manage the Plant / Fleet supply chain ensuring timely supply, replacement, disposal, off contract hire are actioned appropriately
- Analyse current Plant / Fleet systems and processes and make recommendations to improve performance and efficiency
- Manage external supplier works authorisation and approval
- Manage company presentation and branding of commercial vehicles
- Manage Fleet / Plant safety and security developing utilisation and monitoring of Vehicle Tracker / Dash Cam information and reporting
- Identify potential saving and/or money-making opportunities within the Group, e.g., improving profitability
- 3 to 4 years relevant experience in Fleet and/or Plant operations management
- Civil engineering / utilities sector preferred
- CPC management qualification desired
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail
The salary is dependent on the experience.
£40,000-£45,000 p/a + company bonus and benefits (Health care, pension etc)
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.