Test Manager 12 month FTC
Test Manager (12 month FTC) based in Stafford paying up-to GBP43k
Your new company
My client is working with its partner to implement a corporate operational records management system. The system will replace 12 current applications and enable processes to be re-designed. The system will have a user base of 2,500 and presents one of the most significant business changes the organisation has seen in many years.
Your new role
Testing will be a critical element to successful project delivery, including:
- Oversight of the technical testing undertaken by the partner to provide assurance to the project Business Lead and Senior Responsible Owners
- Leadership and management of User Acceptance and Operational Acceptance Testing which is the organisations responsibility
- Business Integration testing to prove that new business processes, roles and technology work seamlessly to deliver the intended business results.
The role will report to the Business Lead and be part of the project team managing the project.
- Be the subject matter expert on all aspects of professional testing on behalf of the organisation.
- Agreeing the test strategy, approach and plan with partner and business leads to secure resources at the right time to deliver the project plan
- Ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place to record tests and results
- Maintaining communication with the partner Test Manager, Boeing Project Manager and organisations management team on all aspects of test management
- Identifying risks, issues and opportunities from the testing workstream to feed into project governance
- Lead and develop resources seconded as test analysts to ensure that they are skilled to deliver their role and confidence in their ability to contribute to project success
- Work with the Project Management team, and wider organisation ICT governance, to ensure that testing is embedded as a professional discipline within the Force-side ICT management arrangements
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology or business-related subject
- Formal test management qualification (e.g. ISEB)
- Knowledge of test techniques and methods and how to apply them to ensure appropriate assurance to senior managers
- Experience as a test manager in an IT-enabled business change project within a comparable environment.
- Experience of using common test management toolsets
- Experience of defining and delivering test documentation
- Experience of communicating test results, and other complex technical information to non-technical senior audiences
- Demonstrable experience of working with staff at all levels
Experience of conducting presentations and running meetings and workshops.
What you'll get in return
12 month FTC with a salary of GBP43k and excellent company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.