IT Project Manager 12 month FTC
IT Project Manager (12 month FTC) to be based in Stafford paying up to GBP57k
Your new company
My client is working with its partner to implement a new corporate operational records management system. The system will replace 12 current. The system will have a user base of 2,500 and presents one of the most significant business changes the organisations has seen on many years. The project manager will work closely with the Business Lead the BDUK project manager and representatives of their subcontractors to ensure that the project is delivered on time and to quality and in a way which maximises benefit realisation.
Your new role
Managing the project
- Direct, guide and manage project delivery to ensure that project objectives are delivered to high quality, forecast delivery times and budget targets.
- Develop and maintain appropriate project management documentation to ensure that governance and control is proportionate and reflects good practice.
- Develop efficient and effective processes for the monitoring of progress, slippages and forecast delivery dates across the life of the project.
- Ensure that risks, issues and opportunities are identified, managed, mitigated and escalated as necessary across the life of the project.
- Provide detailed reports to the Working Group and Office Governance in an efficient manner, ensuring clarity and engagement with stakeholders across the organisations.
- Manage the project contingency budget including recommending actions to the Working Group and organisation Governance.
Managing the relationships
- In conjunction with the Business Lead and SRO, maintain and deliver a stakeholder management plan which engages, inspires and builds confidence in delivery of the technology, associated business change and benefit realisation.
- Working collaboratively across all suppliers involved in the delivery of the project to manage dependencies and impacts on project risk, timeline and budget.
- Recognise and manage competing commercial and reputational impacts arising from risks and issues and work collaboratively with all parties to find a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Manage all resourcing in conjunction with the organisation, including line management of those seconded to the project
- Inspire resources working on the project to give their best in in the interests of benefit realisation and delivery of outcomes.
Managing the scope
- Direct and lead the generation of design and implementation documentation to ensure that the project outcomes are delivered through effective business change, benefit realisation planning and stakeholder engagement.
- Work collaboratively between suppliers and organisation resources to ensure that any changes in scope, plan or budget is impact assessed and understood from all perspectives before being formally incorporated into change control through project governance.
- Manage go-live readiness on behalf of the Force, including providing advice to the SRO on go / no-go decisions for data migration, technical go live and user go live.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related subject.
- Project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 or APM).
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic level in a role which co-ordinates activity against a single vision.
- Demonstrable experience of project managing an IT-enabled business change with significant business process impacts to time, cost and quality.
- Experience in the definition, planning, scheduling and running of large-scale projects within a comparable environment.
- Experience in the use of common project management toolsets, in particular, Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrable experience of working with staff at all levels; comfortable with conducting presentations and running meetings/workshops.
- Good influencing and stakeholder management skills.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.