Injection Mould Setter Double Days
Our client are a leading manufacturer of lamps and light assemblies to the automotive industry. They are seeking an injection mould setter for their busy operations. The role is double days (6am to 2pm - 2pm to 10pm weekly rotating).
The work involves setting and changing of mould tools the relevant moulding machine. Problem solving and analytical skills are required to adjust the controls and settings to ensure the process continues to operate to specification. Knowledge of materials being processed into a product is essential, as the settings will vary dependent upon the material being processed.
* Set machine and processing equipment to specification. * Carryout tool changes to procedures and to standard tool change times. * Adjusting machine settings to maintain the process to specification. * Carry out process monitoring checks using Statistical Process Control techniques. * Analyse and implement process improvement solutions. * Working in development teams to introduce new materials, productions or processing technology. * Identification of tooling conditions and repairs required. * To ensure that the press complies with Current Health and Safety legislation, after tool changes and before hand-over to Operator. * Basic programming of robots and de-gaters to handle products and complete any secondary process operation. * Carry out quality checks at each stage of the injection moulding process, (1st and last-off samples).
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* Knowledge of the properties and processing behaviour of polymer materials
* Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* Familiar with analytical/diagnostic tools, SPC, FMEA, SMED
* Minimum of 2 years plastics injection moulding experience
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.