My client is the leading company in their field and part of a larger world renowned global group. They manufacture and maintain a range of high end heavy plant fork lift trucks, terminal tractors, reach equipment and automated cargo handling systems to seaports, airports, docks and larger distribution centres throughout the UK. They are looking for an experienced Workshop Engineer to take responsibility for maintaining, servicing, and repairing the whole range of mechanical handling equipment, which includes our range of forklift trucks, terminal and distribution tractors in our workshop in Bridgnorth.
Salary £28,000 Plus benefits and overtime
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparing machines for delivery
- Machine refurbishment
- Servicing to manufacturers standards
- Fabricating modifications
- Day to day safe operation of workshop keeping clean and tidy.
What you’ll need to succeed:
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrable technical experience in a similar service role, and possess the necessary experience of working with the relevant mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems. They need to be highly motivated, service-orientated, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Ideally you have:
- A recognized engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- IT skills including proficiency with emails and spreadsheets
- Flexibility with regards to tasks performed, and working hours.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary and range of benefits including:
- Full product training
- 25 days’ holiday plus entitlement to bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance