Server Installation Engineer X3
Our client is experiencing an exciting period of growth, they are looking for passionate Server Installation Engineers to join their busy Planned Services team.
The Planned Services team are accountable for the effective yet successful installation and delivery of IT Hardware and Services, to a strong customer base in addition to new exciting customers. This role comprises of the implementation of advanced solutions including, but not limited to, Virtual Infrastructures on premise and within the cloud and Layer 3 switching / routing.
You'll also be responsible for keeping all parties up-to-date throughout the project life cycle.
Within your role you will be working alongside a friendly team of technical engineers, who have a passion for all things IT. As part of the technical team you'll dispense a consistent yet high level of customer service - exceeding our customers' expectations at every opportunity.
What we are looking for in our new candidate is someone who demonstrates that they are confident at investigating, diagnosing and troubleshooting installation related issues arise on-site to safeguard the projects and its objectives whilst completing all tasks to a market leading quality standard on time.
- Carrying out site surveys and creating detailed documentation
- Delivering varied challenging projects and installations
- Third-party liaison
- Ensure all projects are delivered and installed within timescales
- Qualify customer expectations
- To actively operate either as part of a team or on your own with new customer installations
- Ensure a smooth hand-over from Planned Services to the support team
Skills & Experience
- Installation of multi-server environments, (on-premise & cloud), including Exchange, clustered Terminal servers
- Working knowledge of Virtual environments using VMWare and Hyper-V
- Working knowledge with advanced configuration of firewalls, VLAN's and switches
- Experience working with Microsoft 365 products, (Azure, Intune etc.)
- An ability to investigate, diagnose and troubleshoot a wide variety of installation related issues
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to maintain documents and records to a professional standard
Our client believes that technology under pins everything within current climates, meaning they are constantly investing in their employees to make sure they 're learning and exploring the latest technologies to stay ahead of the competition.
So, if this sounds like your next challenge, get in touch!