Fork Lift Truck Driver
Production Operative - Fork Lift Truck Driver
Midland Paper Products is part of Northwood Group, a thriving family-owned group of companies specialising in the manufacturing, supply and transportation of away-from-home (AfH) professional paper hygiene products. With a refreshing approach to supplying hassle free paper supply, Midland Paper Products offers quality products with short lead times to a network of distributors to suit all types of end users.
Established in 1974, Northwood Group has a mission to become the market-leading partner of choice. Operating six sites across the UK, and with future expansion plans, this is an exciting time to join the business.
What will this role of Production Operative – Fork Lift Truck Driver entail?
As a Production Operative, you’ll join the Production Team working within a busy environment, operating fork lift trucks and carrying out a range of duties to ensure a smooth and efficient operation. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Operating a fork lift truck to load and unload vehicles
- Packing products onto pallets ready for loading and preparing vehicles for deliveries
- Keeping production lines running with reels of paper, ensuring production lines do not stop
- Printing labels and work sheets
What will I need to be considered for this Production Operative – Fork Lift Truck Driver vacancy?
- Proven experience working within a production warehouse environment
- Experience of operating fork lift trucks, with a valid Counterbalance Forklift Training certificate
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work unsupervised on own initiative as well as part of a team
- High level of attention to detail, with creative problem-solving skills
Please note, whilst Midland Paper Products are an equal opportunities employer, this Production Operator role involves regular repetitive light, medium and heavy lifting and as such the successful applicant will need to be physically fit due to the demands of the role.
What will I receive in return?
As a Production Operative, you’ll receive a salary of £17,550 (which equates to £9.00 per hour), with paid overtime available at time and a half, plus attractive benefits including a pension scheme and a free employee assistance advisory scheme for employee wellbeing.
You will be hired on a permanent basis, working 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday, on a rotational shift pattern covering the hours of either 6am to 2pm or 2pm to 10pm.
Location: Bromsgrove (Worcester). Great road links located, within 5 minutes of the M5.
All applications for this Production Operative – Fork Lift Truck Driver vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85473016