Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Ex-Armed Forces are highly encouraged to apply.
Role - Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Salary - GBP30,000pa
Location - Newcastle under Lyme
Benefits - 25 days holiday entitlement plus 6 bank and 2 public holidays, Free car parking
Free hot and cold beverages,
Hours - 40 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 4:30pm, Friday 7.30am to 1.30pm - additional hours as may be required with flexibility to be on call out of hours.
Our client is a successful private family business and the UK's market leader in the design and manufacture of shelters, covered walkways, street furniture, litter bins and playground equipment.
To enhance our current Maintenance department, we require a Maintenance Electrician with the ability to operate on own initiative to service our production facility.
- Undertake planned preventative and reactive maintenance duties (mechanical, pneumatic and electromechanical) in a timely manner ensuring operational downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Identify solutions that will improve systems efficiency and reduce costs with existing equipment whilst being involved in developing and commissioning new equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is always to a high standard of housekeeping and health and safety.
- Work alongside on-site contractors.
The ideal candidate will:
- possess a solid background in maintenance, preferably gained within a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- have experience of PLC systems
- be qualified to C&G (or equivalent) level and have 17th Edition IEE Regulations qualifications.
- have a minimum of 5 years electrical experience
- be flexible in their approach to working hours and be available to attend call outs to the Chesterton site.
This rewarding role requires basic mechanical skills, a good understanding of computer-based systems, plus a willingness to help drive the business forward by implementing new technology and systems.
Working Arrangements and Rewards:
- 40 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 4:30pm, Friday 7.30am to 1.30pm - additional hours as may be required with flexibility to be on call out of hours.
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 8 bank holidays;
- An agreeable salary will be offered to the most suitable candidate;
- Free car parking.