Team Manager - Youth Justice Service
1. To work as part of a multi agency team to provide and integrated approach to delivering services to achieve the principle aim of the Youth Justice Service - to prevent and reduce offending by children and young people.
2. To lead and manage a team of youth justice and deployed staff at the Youth Justice Service, within Children's Service in Walsall.
3. To ensure and oversee the delivery of robust services to children and young people who offend in line with legislative requirements of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2009 and other legislation as applicable.
4. To contribute to the overall aims of the Youth Justice System, to reduce and prevent youth offending, reduce the use of remands and custody, improve educational outcomes for young offenders and decrease the over-representation of BME young people in the youth justice system.
5. To carry out a range of tasks as identified and allocated by the Strategic Lead for Youth Justice services in line with policies, procedures and protocols.
1. Experience of working with young people who have offended is essential
2. Experience of supervising individuals who manage people who have offended is essential.
3. Experience of managing in a multi disciplinary setting is desirable.
4. Experience of working in a Youth Justice Service/Youth Offending Team is desirable.
5. Experience of working in a Court setting is desirable.
6. You will hold the Professional Certificate in Effective Practice (PCEP) in Youth Justice or be prepared to complete this qualification within 12 months of your appointment of your appointment.
7. Quality Assurance of ASSET+ and Court Work
Enhanced DBS required
Ability/willingness to travel from location to location
Expectation to work during evenings and weekends on a rota basis