A leading plastics manufacturer require a Quality Manager to join the team. You will lead a small team ensuring customers' expectations and regulations are met. You will be an experienced quality engineer or QA professional within another manufacturing environment. Although customers sit across a range of industries, any experience in plastics, metals, rubbers or medical devices would be advantageous.
Working to the Operations Director, ensuring the products we ship to our customers meet our customers' expectations, through effective management of the Quality Team, efficient issue investigation and resolution; accountable for and implementation and continuous improvement of clear procedures which are reflected in our Quality Management System (QMS).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the Quality Team to ensure a consistent approach to quality across all shifts; embedding Company processes and procedures to ensure consistency across all shifts.
- Build and manage customer relationships, ensuring that we provide outstanding customer service at all times; owning, investigating and responding to customer queries and complaints within agreed SLA's.
- Manage quality concerns from cradle to grave; facilitating investigations to identify and eliminate the root cause of quality concerns, managing the preventative and corrective actions logs (8D), closing off issues and implementing change (including supporting employee training where required) and following this through to conclusion with the customer.
- Accountable for the goods-inward process, ensuring all components we receive from third parties meets our own quality standards, and raising advisory notices to suppliers where issues arise.
- Support the Quality Engineer to undertake ISIR and PPAP on complex NPI projects.
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality.
- Undertake and champion continuous improvement projects.
- Accountable for the returns process, ensuring that all returns are validated and processed in line with Company procedure, issuing credit notes where required.
- Responsible for managing the internal audit process, ensuring they are completed, and to a sufficient standard, managing non-conformities as required.
- Continuously review and improve the Departments processes and procedures to ensure we maximise efficiency; and see a tangible reduction in production scrap.
- Supporting the Operations Director the ISO9001, ISO13485, ISO14001 and ISO45001 accreditation and auditing process, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding and compliance of these standards at every level of the organisation.
- Work with the management team to promote Quality as the cornerstone of all that we do; managing and reporting on Quality KPI's, providing regular feedback to the management team, and identifying steps for improvement at the weekly Operations Team Meeting.
- A key member of the Health and Safety Committee, championing quality in health and safety across the business.
- Work to ISO 13485, 14001 and 45001 processes and procedures, and have knowledge of the Quality Policy.
- Any other ad-hoc duty as required by the business, including supporting stock taking activities where
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of Quality engineering in manufacturing sector, preferably plastics
- Educated to at least HND level preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Strong, highly focused, self-motivated individual who works well under pressure and is able to organize and inspire a team.
- Experience of supervising other quality team members, supporting with development and training.
- Excellent customer service skills, with evidence of how relationships with external customers have been built and maintained
- Commercially savvy, making the right decision by balancing customer and business need
- Computer literate, including MSWindows/Office Products and MRP systems
- Understanding ofprocess improvement tools (e.g. 8D, SixSigma), and experience of implanting these techniques within the workplace
- Experience of managing the introduction of new business and engineering changes into production from a Quality perspective
- Demonstrable experience of proactively managing preventative and corrective actions using 8D methodology with tangible results.
- Full UK driving license required to attend customer sites.
- Previous experience of using and programming non-contact measurement machinery.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experienced team manager.
- Experienced internal auditor to 9001 or 13485
- SixSigma trained to at least greenbelt
- Previous experience of working to ISO13485, 14001 and 45001 would be highly advantageous.
- Experience ofWinMan (ERP) and Mattec (Production Monitoring) systems
- Member of ASQ or CQI
- Hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification or NEEBOSH
- Previous experience of using and programming Faro Arm and CMM, and OGP
37.5 hour/week - core hours Mon-Thurs 9-4:30 (30 min lunch) and Fri 8:30-2