Client: My client is an international automation engineering business based in Warwick
Role: We are looking for a Proposals Engineer to work within the Sales and Proposals Team.
- To generate tender documentation in response to a customer enquiries.
- To ensure that customer requirements and expectations are fully understood and considered.
- To ensure that the bid due dates are met.
- T o liaise with Group to obtain the most up to date estimating information, ensuring both the Proposals team and the estimating system are kept up date with the latest information.
- To actively explore with customer and suppliers cost effective solutions.
- When appointed take on the role of Proposals Co-ordinator for overall responsibility of proposals.
- Liaise and work with Sales and Marketing Managers to ensure receipt of profitable orders according to targets laid down from time to time.
- To ensure customer purchase orders are entered onto SAP in a timely manner to meet business needs.
Key Result Areas:
- Determine proposal priority in conjunction with sales/management team.
- Develop proposal strategy in conjunction with management team.
- Plan resources required and communicate to management team.
- Review customer specifications.
- Produce purchase enquiry template in conjunction with purchasing.
- Obtain accurate quotations using enquiry template from suppliers selected in conjunction with purchasing.
- Produce cost estimate using appropriate format, including internal effort plan, expenses, site set-up and external costs.
- Produce cash flow plan using standard company format.
- Produce tender specification / quotation using standard company format.
- Produce first look timing plan.
- Keep abreast of, and contribute to, Group R & D to ensure the best technical and commercial solutions are offered to the customer.
- Be responsible for project managing a major proposal/project, or to be part of a major proposal/project team as appointed. (Refer to ‘Project Manager Job Description for major/minor contracts’ for detailed roles and responsibilities of this position).
- Ensure suitable equipment specification and selection involving liaison with available technical resource and suppliers as required.
- Ensure provision of commercial support to ongoing project involving quoting, supplier liaison, requisitioning etc
- Ensure the provision of technical support to ongoing proposal or project.
- Ensure suitable liaison with Group companies and suppliers for Technical and pricing information.
- Ensure competent preparation of tender documentation, namely specifications, quotes etc.
- Ensure a performance/acceptance criterion is clearly defined at the tender stage.
- Adherence to applicable Quality Procedures in all of the above with special regard to control of paperwork.
- Determine SAP (SD) order numbering and (PS) project structures in accordance with group codification rules
- Produce project budgets from ‘As Sold’ cost estimates; Apply WBS codes in line with PFS APSS template codes and APT Type/HGR codes
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability, knowledge and experience to meet, as a minimum, level 1 descriptors for each factor of the Expertise career band according to the Company grade structure.
- Computer literacy - knowledge of Microsoft PC applications (Word, Excel, Access, Project.).
- Ability to prioritise work load.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Technical knowledge of relevant company products / systems.
- Ability to update DSGB estimating databases.
- SAP Key User status