Reporting to the Assistant Head of FP&A, the FP&A Assistant will provide support to the FP&A team and assist in the preparation of financial analysis along with internal and external reporting requirements.
This person will possess a strong knowledge of Excel and have the ability to present information in a clear, logical and consistent manner. They will be organised, have good communication skills and be able to challenge inconsistencies and variances.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of the Regional Management Accounts and Regional Monthly Presentation Packs.
- Preparation of the quarterly reporting supporting documents.
- Collate the relevant information for the monthly non-financial KPIs.
- Monitor admissions & leavers to ensure records are kept up to date and reconcile to Time and Attendance systems.
- Manage service level Bonus Schemes and liaise with Managing Directors to allocate payments.
- Preparation and distribution of regular weekly and monthly reports to support other areas of the business.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist in the preparation of information for the Board, Directors and External Parties as required.
- Provide support to both the FP&A team and regional teams, with preparation of financial analysis to improve operational / financial performance of business.
- Enhance reporting of financial information to regions and provide advice. Support regional teams so that their knowledge and understanding is enhanced.
- Provide support to, and liaise with, operational teams on a regular basis to provide an inter-face with group support function, assist with the flow of information and implement best practice across the organisation.
- Drive continual improvement within finance function.
- Support with other Ad Hoc requests/requirements as and when necessary
- AAT qualified / studier
- Ability to work independently, be organised and able to prioritise and manage own workloads, be flexible in your working style and enjoy working to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Good communicator and ability to present analysis in a clear, logical and consistent manner
- Possess a problem solving, analytical mindset with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work with and model using large datasets / strong knowledge of Excel