CNC Turning / Machine Setter
This is an ideal role for a qualified, time served engineer with a track record in CNC Turning (Lathes). You will be looking to develop your career with a successful, forward-thinking company. As a CNC Machinist you will be responsible for producing precision components from drawings and 3D computer models. Using our clients engineering drawings and computer models you will generate, load and modify CNC programs on the machine. Youll also set up tools, load materials and carry out the efficient machining of components in a timely manner. Additionally, youll identify and report on any drawing errors, suggest process improvements and ensure that all health and safety policies are adhered to.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following:
- Experience in the use and operation of CNC turning (Lathes) machines.
- Be able to set up and run one offs/small batches and prototype components.
- The ability to complete machine changeovers.
- Run machines as per instructions.
- Loading and unloading of CNC machine tools and fixtures.
- Experience with modern quality control standards and measurement of parts.
- You will have experience of and worked with exotic materials
- Modification of tool offsets and program editing.
- Be able to select, set and change machine tools.
- Be a fully skilled time-served engineer.
- Attention to detail.
You will also have a flexible, friendly and positive approach and the ability to work on your own initiative. Driven and methodical, you must also have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. Remuneration dependent on experience and is Negotiable. Plus, Overtime available
Working hours Monday to Thursday - 0800 to 1700 and Friday 8.00 to 13.35.