Digital Content Manager
Digital Content Manager
Start Date: 1st May
Our client is an international utilities company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering utilities services to many millions of people across Great Britain
About the Role:
To lead and develop a new team delivering high-quality content aligned to strategic goals for the launch of a new Employee Digital Workplace (EDW) platform.
You will be Responsible for;
- Oversee launch of the new EDW platform, identifying and delivering the key materials required to achieve a minimum viable product at launch, and work with stakeholders around the business to achieve buy-in.
- Lead on the development of high-quality content for the EDW, including Group-level content and news, and work with key stakeholders to create content strategies which help them to achieve their objectives.
- Develop a content strategy for launch of the new Employee Digital Workplace (EDW) platform, aligned with the channel strategy, that defines how content is created and made accessible, including across mobile devices.
- Manage or assist with aspects of content production for internal clients as required for the EDW, including blogs, articles, whitepapers, imagery and video content.
- Work closely with the technical EDW team, particularly the product team, to ensure optimum user-experience and consistency of information architecture from launch.
- Assist with development of the EDW visual identity using my clients brand guidelines, including those for imagery, in partnership with the Group Digital Internal Channels Manager and Platform Owner.
- Develop a process to capture the proposed audience, purpose and key messages for all communications on the EDW, as well as develop and set tone of voice definition and ensure compliance.
- Draw on industry best practice to lead development of high-quality, professional and engaging content for the EDW on an ongoing basis and develop a content roadmap for future development.
- Identify business leads and content editors to take responsibility for local content and create guidelines and standards to assist business-users producing EDW content.
- Work with the Digital Internal Channels Manager to analyse and understand EDW content performance and metrics and suggest improvements as required.
- Excellent digital content and production skills, including planning, writing, editing, proof-reading, video and page design using a CMS.
- At least three to five years' experience working in a fast-paced digital environment, with experience of working on an EDW launch with challenging deadlines an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to translate complex ideas into plain English for a range of audiences.
- Strong editorial judgement, with proven knowledge and experience of managing a news agenda.
- A strong and well-organised project manager.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting workloads, producing quality content to a tight deadline
- Experienced team leader, able to motivate and develop an editorial team.
- Proven experience and knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint and web technology.
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.