Working out of offices in Newcastle my client has a global customer based and is responsible for the development of a market leading product range. This is a new role as the company are looking to start a specific QA/testing team and want to recruit an experienced tester who will work closely with product and development teams using automated and manual testing tools.
You will help maintain and expand test case and test automation coverage working within an Agile scrum team to develop and measure quality assurance standards. Publish test results, help triage bugs, compose acceptance criteria for stories, and mentor fellow teammates on quality engineering best practices.
- Work closely with developers and Product Owner within an agile team to test products and services.
- Experienced in automation but happy to take on manual testing tasks where needed.
- Developing and executing test strategies to ensure quality releases.
- Process-oriented with attention to detail.
- Improve code coverage by contributing towards automation.
- Assist with evaluation of new automation tools.
Ideally candidates will be of degree calibre and have a strong testing based skill set. Previous experience working with test automation is essential, Selenium Webdriver would be the preferred framework, and exposure to testing web services, automating REST APIs and graybox testing would be beneficial.
Candidates will also need a strong level of general technical knowledge including;
- An understanding of OO concepts
- CI Platform (Jenkins or Circle CI etc)
- Version Control
- Agile/Scrum processes