Responsible for providing generalist HR administrative support; advice; guidance and coaching to people managers and individual performers as well as members of the HR Delivery team and the wider HR function (as required/directed)
• Responsible for managing and maintaining all HR 'master data’ in the HR system and previous SAP system, acting as the subject matter expert and single point of contact for employees for all HR transactions and activity within it
• Responsible for all HR administrative processes as they relate to the employee lifecycle, for example, the issue of contracts of employment and offer packs; contract variations; reference checks and separation letters.
Reports to the HR Business Partner
• Supports the wider HR and Finance teams
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing generalist HR administrative support;
Maintain and manage all HR 'master data’ in the HR data
The process/es of: recruitment, induction, onboarding, probation review as they relate to HR
Raising purchase order requests
Support the performance management and salary/bonus review processes and any associated HR administration
Ensure the timely completion of all HR administration activities, specifically new contracts, hiring/offer paperwork; contract variations; reference checks; separation letters
Managing the Contact.HR mailbox and voicemail box and responding to queries in timely manner, escalating issues where necessary
Maintain and manage personnel files, electronic and hard copy, ensuring these are at all times current and complete
Adheres to any departmental SLAs/KPIs in operation
Maintain and manage all HR 'master data’ including any change requests, enhancements or issues
Act as the HR point of contact for IT and other third parties in respect of the HR
Responsible for producing and maintaining system and process guides and 'help sheets’
Provide advice and guidance on policy, process, procedure and good practice as it relates to HR administration
Responsible for maintaining the correct levels of stationary and printer consumables
Responsible for planned and ad-hoc reporting from HR as it relates to HR administration
Own, manage and maintain all internal HR site content
Undertaking data integrity checks
Provide administration support to immediate and wider HR , Reward and Payroll teams Guide, ensuring it is at all times current and complete.
Providing accurate and complete payroll data, chasing employees where necessary and ensuring correct changes are processed by payroll cut off each month.
To undertake any other HR activities or projects as required/directed
Internal and External Relationships
HR Administration Process/es Owner and responsible for maintaining the HR Administration Daily contact with people managers and individual performers throughout the organisation
Contact with PAs and Team Administrators particularly in respect of the HR processes or issues
Contact with suppliers and third-party providers in respect of HR systems
Input changes into the HR Information Systems, ensuring the data is up-to-date and correct at all times.
Contract with Security particularly in respect of security clearance.
To maintain an awareness of HR best practice at all times
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed
- Educated to GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths
- CIPD Certificate in Personnel Practice is desired but not essential
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience of SAP would be an advantage.
- Excellent IT literacy
- Proven track record of working as an HR Administrator or similar role.
- A high degree of professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work with limited supervision
- A willingness to 'go the extra mile’ when required
- Excellent organisational skills and enjoy multi-tasking with a 'hands-on' attitude, ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Delivery focussed and proactive
- Enjoys a fast paced, varied and challenging environment
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum - dependant on experience
Location - Rugby