Shift Maintenance Engineer
Ideal Opportunity: Maintenance Engineer (Shift)
Location: Armitage, Staffordshire
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Competitive Salary, Pension (incl. life assurance), 33 days annual leave
Working at Ideal Standard is a chance to be part of something bigger. We’re a significant part of a European business and being the only UK-based manufacturer of bathroom sanitary ware, makes us rather special. Sustaining manufacturing here in the UK, we’re proud of our heritage and the quality of our brand stretching back more than 200 years. We’re looking forward to the next 200.
We are large and complex but we are small enough that you can make a difference and be noticed. We thrive on achieving things through positive relationships. We have an open-door policy and everyone’s approachable.
But working here is challenging. We are relentless in pursuit of excellence and we have a bottom line to hit. The rewards come when you throw yourself into it. Be flexible, be tenacious and be persistent. Expect the unexpected. Get things done.
At Ideal Standard, we aspire to lead from the front, pushing the boundaries of design to realise our ambitions and we’re never content to sit back and relax. We know that the day our work is finished is the day we’ve run out of ideas.
You can be part of that too.
Right now, we are recruiting a Maintenance Engineer (Shift) to join our team based in the Plant in Armitage.
We’re looking for candidates who are able to facilitate all engineering activities associated with maintaining a 24hrs manufacturing plant, providing breakdown repairs, health and safety improvements and delivering projects to improve plant performance and efficiency.
As a Maintenance Engineer, key responsibilities include;
- To maintain and support Health & Safety / Environmental requirements in accordance with internal Ideal Standard standards and legislative requirements, application of LOTO and required permit to work procedures
- To respond to breakdowns and maintain / repair plant and equipment within the required time scale
- Supply routine breakdown and engineering project status information to engineering team Leader
- To request where applicable for additional support for timely repairs from day shift and contract engineers.
- To ensure engineering interventions meet the required standards and best practice
- Carry out investigations into problems or production development initiatives, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Contribute when required, to Plant Engineering projects
- Contribute to the design considerations of equipment and processes within the plant.
- Identify areas to reduce maintenance spend and machine down time
- Updating and control of engineering report documentation (frontline).
- Control of spares, from placement of order to stock control
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role we are looking for applicants who possess the following skills and attributes:
- Electrical or mechanical apprenticeship with recognised qualifications within the chosen field plus additional relevant experience.
- PLC knowledge an advantage.
- Electrical engineers to provide evidence of 16th or above electrical legislation
- Knowledge production processes to achieve conformance of H&S environment and quality.
- Knowledge of Engineering and Technology processes in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Basic knowledge of systems and processes for managing ordering equipment / spares from placement of order to delivery of component/service.
- Conduct root cause analysis.
- Communication and presentation skills
- Applies analysis and judgement to assess performance against key measures, to decide between priorities and solve problems.
In return for your awesome contribution to Ideal Standard we offer a competitive package as well as training and development opportunities and to work with a great team.