Principal E E Engineer
JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. Innovation is at the heart of the success of our business, and this opportunity is at the very cutting edge of our Product Innovation Strategy.
Overview of the role:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will join a focussed and passionate team, working on development programmes, managing powertrain control (mechanical. electrical and hydraulic) on the next generation of electrified off-highway machines.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior / Principal Electronics Control Systems Engineer:
- Create and develop new prototype control software using Model Based Design and/or with manual coding experience
- Sensor and Actuator component specification
- Hardware / Software FMEA, component design verification and sign off.
- Fault diagnosis and machine network management.
- Capture and generate requirements documents, as part of the software development process.
- Work closely to support and guide other people within the team and group.
- Degree/HND in Electronics/Software Engineering
- At least 5 years responsible experience in either Automotive and/or Off Highway industries
- Practical hands on experience with vehicle electrics and ECU hardware.
- Proficient in using Mathworks Software Tools for Embedded Code Generation
- Awareness of CAN bus related simulation and analysis tools
- Understanding of software development, languages and processes
- Appreciation of electric vehicle powertrain systems / components
- But more than anything…. You’ll be an enthusiastic can-do engineer who relishes the excitement of working in such a progressive team.
What’s in it for you:
We will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future:
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.