Our client is a very well-established business looking to double in size in the next few years.
They produce prestigious water filtration products, largely for the export market and due to high levels of growth, a new role has been created for a Purchasing Manager.
The role is responsible for both operational, day to day purchasing duties and strategic elements such as supplier rationalisation and improvement.
- Assessing the Company’s suppliers in line with technical requirements and maintaining interaction with them.
- Maintaining the purchasing policy and ensuring that all purchases adhere to it.
- Managing any SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) / Master Agreements between the suppliers and the company.
- Liaison with other departments, particularly Accounting and Operations.
- Responsible for driving cost saving or mitigating cost increase by having the correct supplier/supplier relationships.
- Responsible for purchased items Health and Safety, Quality and other legal requirements.
- Overseeing any large procurement that may happen.
- Managing purchase orders/requisitions to order materials, goods and supplies.
- Review and action MRP messages
- Review and track orders and deliveries status.
- Deal directly with the supplier regarding non-supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods.
- Other ad-hoc activities as required
- Significant experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management and Supplier management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience of system implementation and maximization of new system benefits
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, maintain a positive attitude and provide exemplary service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion
- Experience of working in a well-established multi-functional team and being able to be seen as an agent of change
- Experience of an international business environment
- Preferably holding a professional qualification but not essential
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85622526