Based in Leamington - Excellent flexible working hours with a 5 hour day on Friday
Your new company
Our client is an Automotive manufacturere who is looking to appoint a Quality Engineer to work within their exisiting team. They will be helping to develop new projects and design ideas and to continuously improve product quality of the current range to ensure the Company stays at the forefront of the industry. The role will be client and supplier facing and will involve elements of technical support.
Your new role
Representing the company in the event of quality issues being escalated by the customer and responsible for initiating corrective and preventative actions in order to support continuous supply to the customer.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure compliance and achievement of customer VRT/Warranty process.
- Liaising with Vehicle manufacturers throughout Europe in addition to extensive supplier interaction.
Responsible for the data Management of Quality documentation which includes:
- Control Plan, Process audits, Non-Conforming reports
- Responsible for submission of PPAP to customer requirements.
- Perform on-site verification and control of customer concerns.
- Warranty analysis, plant feedback and 8D reporting.
- Introduction of SPC throughout the shop-floor supported by training and monitoring.
- Supplier development, evaluating supplier PPAP process, implementing containment activities and overseeing 8D reports including TOPS 8D and cause & effect diagrams.
- Maintenance of quality department documentation to ISO TS16949 standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate will be educated to a degree level, Sciences, Engineering and/or Mathematics, would be desirable.
- Manufacturing or Mechanical is preferred. 1-3 years of suitable experience in similar role, alternatively 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing/automotive environment.
- Internal auditor qualification, PPAP, APQP and FMEA is essential.
- Internal computer applications with SAP, QIM, TTM, Flash Audits, Customer Vision experience is essential, but experience with similar software would be considered.
- Strong IT skills, especially in Excel.
- Measurement software experience (Polyworks)
- Must have good interpersonal skills, have the ability to work under pressure and be able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
Role and package details
- Flexible working hours; starting between 07:30 - 09:00 and finishing between 16:30 - 18:00 (8.5 hour working days + 30 minutes unpaid for lunch) 39 hours per week in total
- Monday to Friday, Friday is a 5 hour day with no lunch break (early finish)
- 25 days a year annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- 4% & 4% pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.