Finance Business Partner
Becoming a Finance Business Partner with Entrust/Capita
A Finance Business Partner is required for a joint venture between Staffordshire County Council and Capita, formed in April 2013. The division is focused on the provision of educational outsourcing services, comprising four business units; Education Services, Learning Technology Services, Facilities Services and Property Services. Based in Stafford, it has an annual turnover in excess of GBP70m and has robust plans for rapid growth.
What you will do:
- To lead, develop, implement, and review finance process across supported business units.
- Business partner for a specific business unit(s), providing financial support and guidance to business unit directors/managers.
- Facilitate the implementation of new finance system
- Support and strengthen balance sheet reporting
- To own the monthly accounting process, together with on-going forecasting and the annual business planning process for the business unit.
- To lead, develop, implement, review, monitor and analyse initiatives to improve the profitability of the business unit.
- To lead the month end financial process for the business unit, providing insightful commentary on key monthly variances for the results and presentations where appropriate.
- Produce monthly business unit financial reports and other ad-hoc reports.
- To develop, implement, review, monitor and analyse initiatives to improve the working capital of the business unit.
- To ensure all aspects of general compliance and financial control are met including purchasing cycle
- To contribute on the development of any financial models to evaluate the financial case for any proposed changes or commercial developments (in addition to business performance and continual improvements).
Your experience will include:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or nearing qualification
- Demonstrable business partnering and management accounting experience
- The ability to devise solutions to problems and deliver improvements is important.
- Experience of balance sheet control and reconciliation.
- Proven ability to support non-finance staff in the management of cost centres
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills essential to aid complex business modelling and process improvement.
- Ability to identify the key financial and service risks from financial data.
Entrust is a joint venture between Capita and Staffordshire County Council. We work across the UK in partnership with schools, academies and local authorities to provide specialist expertise around school improvement, learning technologies, and property and support services. We currently work in over 50 local authorities, with 600 schools. Join us and you'll be part of the fastest growing school-to-school support partner in England.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also offer company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.