Trainee Accounts Assistant
Trainee Accounts Assistant - Listers Group Head OfficeStratford upon Avon
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Accounts Assistant at our Head Office in Stratford upon Avon.
This role would suit someone wishing to start (or are perhaps in the early stages of) a career in finance. Full training will be given together with an opportunity to develop skills across all areas of the accounting function.
Our aim is for you to be proficient in the following areas:
• Daily banking
• Sales ledger - posting bank transactions, credit control, following up debtor queries with departmental managers and customers
• Purchase ledger - coding and inputting of invoices and credit notes, supplier statement reconciliations, payment runs and resolving supplier queries
• Nominal ledger - posting bank, intercompany and other nominal ledger journals
• Petty cash
• Assisting the accounts team with their overall objectives
What we are looking for:
• Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain accuracy
• A good communicator with a personable character
• Be presentable, enthusiastic and willing to learn
Remuneration & Benefits
In return we can offer an excellent salary, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, workplace pension scheme and company car schemes. Listers employees can also enjoy a retail discount scheme such as discounted hotel rooms and weekly shop! In addition to this we offer a fantastic working environment with plenty of career opportunities supported by our own learning & development centre.
If you are interested in joining one of the largest privately owned motor retailer group in the UK and can demonstrate the above we would be very interested to hear from you.