Managed Services Consultant (Linux)
As Managed Services Consultant you will be responsible for proactively responding to the technical challenges and requirements for customers within the Managed Service environments. The Managed Service department is primarily focused on delivering the whole solutions lifecycle, including; Pre sales, design, implementing, supporting, maintaining and decommissioning data centre solutions to ensure the continuity of business operations for all customers.
You will be expected to work with sales account managers on new prospects and existing customers alike, offering a technical presales perspective as well and maintaining the correct solution to meet the customer's needs.
You will be expected to work with other members of the technical team in supporting and implementing new solutions for new and existing customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assisting sales account managers to provide presales expertise on delivering the desired solution for the customer
• Design and deliver support and service solutions for Managed Service customers in line with industry best practice to deliver continual service improvement over the whole service lifecycle
• Work closely with the Manager of Managed Services to ensure new customers are migrated with seamless handover / transition into the managed service environment
• Implementing new and refreshed servers, storage and network solutions for hosted customer environments
• Dynamically monitor, manage and improve managed service environments. Identifying and resolving root cause of issues and ensuring continual service availability
• Strive for continual service improvement based on a desire to become a world class managed service provider
• Contribute proactively to new service development
• Deliver a high performance culture in the team with a focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
• Guarantee operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
• Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Education: Bachelor's degree in (Computer Science or Information Technology) or equivalent field experience.
OEM knowledge based competencies, preferred.
Experience: • Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in a technical support or administration role, predominantly working within data centre services and infrastructure.
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience with Red Hat or other Linux Flavours, specifically the installation, patching, upgrading, administration and troubleshooting of Linux platforms.
• Have solid technical understanding of Virtualisation, Storage, Networking, Backup and Hosting technologies and solutions
• Ability to understand and navigate complex technical situations with strong problem-solving and remedy skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a professional and consultative manner with customers, management and platform vendor support requirements
• Expert working knowledge of specific operating environments, connectivity and networks
• Proven ability to effectively mentor and guide others in resolving complex technical issues
• The ability to collaborate, leverage the strengths and unique perspectives of others within the organization and work together toward an agreed-upon solution.
• The ability to work effectively and thrive as a member of a team, ad hoc task group and assigned work groups to bring greater value to the overall organization.
Certifications or Licenses: • Vendor certifications a plus (RHCSA, RHCE, VCP) - may be required for specific platform support needs.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and an appropriate driving record based on the position requirements.