Engineering Administrator / Junior Estimator
A well-established, privately-owned manufacturing business based in the heart of the black country who specialise in precision engineering, fabrication and repair services for a range of industries. Due to an impending retirement of a senior member of staff, the client are now looking for an Engineering administrator / Junior Estimator to join them.
An Engineering Administrator / Junior Estimator is now required to join the business to work within a varied role which offers great scope and responsibility.
You will take responsibility for:
- Acting as the first point of contact for customers and suppliers
- Maintaining relationships with a wealth of local customers whilst giving them confidence with expert advice and support
- Working with the works manager and the wider internal team to coordinate and schedule orders effectively
- Ensure jobs are well organised and prioritised accordingly
- Ensuring everything is properly logged and maintaining the internal order system effectively
What you need
It is ESSENTIAL for the successful candidate to have the following:
- Previous experience within an Engineering/Manufacturing setting
- An understanding of Engineering principles & the ability to understand/interpret engineering drawings
- Excellent communication skills to give confidence to customers
Other DESIRABLE skills include:
- Experience of CNC machining/precision engineering environment would be advantageous
- Experience working within the local manufacturing industry within industries specialising in the following: Casting, Forging, Heat Treatment, Fabrication and Repair & Overhaul would be advantageous
- An ambitious individual who aims to exceed customer expectations consistently
What is on offer
On offer is the opportunity to join a privately-owned business which has both a fantastic reputation locally and amongst its customers base. Along with this, it is a fantastic entry level opportunity for candidates looking to enhance their experience within a manufacturing setting with a wide degree of autonomy. A salary of up to £22,000 is on offer for the ideal candidate.
How to apply?
For more information on this role please contact us at our Birmingham office on 0121 697 4855 or email me at . Alternatively, please use the link in this ad to apply now.
We will aim to respond back to all successful applications within 5 days. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days, your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV and details on file to consider you for more relevant opportunities in the future.
Pontem Recruitment is a leading specialist recruitment agency who aim to bridge the skills gap between candidates and employers within the Engineering & Manufacturing sector.Pontem Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.