Cylindrical/ Surface Grinder
ASC Connections are currently recruiting for a Cylindrical/ Surface Grinder to work for a precision engineering company based in the Tamworth area of the Staffordshire. Responsible for grinding duties across a number of precision grinding machinery producing a range of Spline/ Gauges and Geared components. Working pattern 4 days and 4 nights, 40hrs per week with the option to choose a rotating or fixed working week.
Our client provide components for the Automotive, Aerospace and Formula One industries with a very good reputation within each of their market sectors. Components are usually done on a one off basis and can be produced through Turned or Milling machinery.
This role is for a specialist Grinder/ CNC manual machinist with a number of years' experience within precision Automotive, Aerospace and specialist environments. You will adopt a flexible working attitude with a "can do" mentality.
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Working for well-known brand
- Pension included
- Flexible rotating shift pattern
- Excellent Overtime rates of pay
Full duties for the Cylindrical/ Surface Grinder role:
- Setting and operating of conventional surface grinders and OD Grinders
- Internal and external grinding of various components
- Lapping, Finishing and polishing of parts
- Working from engineering drawings and diagrams
Desirable skills for the for the Cylindrical/ Surface Grinder role:
- Experience with Jones & Shipman surface grinders and either OD or cylindrical grinders
- Strong background within conventional machining, or a toolmaking background
- Able to understand technical drawings from customers
- Strong background in precision machining of one off / low batch components
- Knowledge of aerospace or automotive quality standards
If you feel you have the right skills please send me your CV or Noel Bailey on .
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.