Our resource managers are the key person within our delivery facilities that co-ordinate work within their assigned team. They need to be very organised whilst retaining flexibility to cope with a very active environment where things can change daily. It is a pivotal role where they encourage the development of other people in the team to learn new skills so that the overall ability to deliver work to the teams assigned customers constantly improves. Above all else, they must be comfortable to lead meetings and be good at communicating with others on how things are progressing in a way that ensures work is completed according to set deadlines.
The resource manager is responsible for the following tasks:
- Arranging and leading meetings between development team members and project managers to ensure all work is clearly understood, defined and signed off prior to acceptance for scheduling
- Taking signed specifications from project managers and splitting the work down into the deliverable tasks (as advised by your team members).
- Creating the relevant epics and deliverable tasks within our Atlassian platform
- Organising, creating and monitoring sprints to deliver the agreed work. This will include liaison with all dependant persons including but not limited to project managers and finance team members to ensure the work can meet the agreed deadlines
- Lead stand up meetings each day to get updates from team on issues with ongoing work. To take appropriate action from issues raised.
- Daily monitoring of work schedules to ensure work completed as agreed.
- Lead communication with relevant parties when work is completed or needs escalating due to issues (project managers, finance etc.)
- Lead daily triage session on new work submitted to company applicable to your team and action appropriate actions from the session
- Personable nature, with good telephone manner
- Accurate, numerate & literate
- Ability to work on, and use, own initiative
- Willingness to undertake new projects, tasks & responsibilities and see them to completion
- Keen to learn new skills
- Relevant experience of working in a delivery team environment
- Use of Atlassian product set including Jira and Service Desk
£20,000 - £30,000