Business Development Co-ordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Interserve Construction, one of the country's leading contractors.
We are looking for a talented person to work within our business development team and closely with our pre-construction team to provide support in the production of bid documents. They will ensure our documents are brought to life, engage the reader and convey our technical and commercial proposals clearly and concisely. This opportunity also provides access to a variety of other business development activities including involvement with events and social value initiatives.
The role will require an organised, self-motivated and flexible person with the ability to work to tight deadlines across multiple projects, a creative thinker with solid interpersonal and communication skills.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Experience of working within a bid, design or business development environment;
- Construction knowledge and commercial appreciation;
- HND / Degree or similar in marketing/business based subject;
- At least A-C Grades GCSE in English and Maths;
- Adobe InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator trained;
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) trained;
- Produce high quality winning tender and PQQ documents in line with an agreed win theme;
- Work as an integral part of the bid team;
- Co-ordinate bid programmes and allocate responsibilities accordingly;
- Comply with company bid procedures and documentation;
- Collaborate with external parties as required to develop bids;
- Co-ordinate and produce winning presentations;
- Help implement social value initiatives locally;
- Ensure efficient management of best practice and records;
- Undertake sector, client and consultant research as required;
- Help to increase brand recognition locally;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
- Have an excellent eye for detail;
- Have well developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrate an ability to convey information in a clear and confident manner;
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload;
- Have a passion for design and creative thinking;
- Ability and experience of working to tight deadlines across multiple projects, without excessive supervision;
- Ability to take on board feedback and drive continuous improvement.
- Have experience of working with internal and external customers and meeting their expectations;
- Be proficient in using IT - in particular In-design, PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel, CRM database, Adobe Acrobat, Prezi and Photoshop;
- Be flexible regarding working hours when proposals and bids are due;
- Be a team player who is willing to adapt and provide flexibility to the changing priorities of the business.
We are looking for an experienced business development co-ordinator to work from either our Stockton or Newcastle office. This role is offered on a full time basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus flexible benefits, 26 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
Due to the nature of the work for this role the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service.