Facilities Manager (GMP)
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the management of the Facilities, Site and Engineering operations, Environmental Control and Site Support Function teams ensuring that financial, operational efficiency, quality and Health & Safety targets and standards are met.
The main duties will include:-
- To provide direction for the business's Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Management of Health, Safety and Environment systems including accident and incident reporting, control of hazardous waste, safety inspections and chairmanship of the SHE Committee.
- To be responsible for and effectively manage delivery of support services covering: facilities management; site engineering management; control of environment; materials supply & stores; site support administration and general laboratory support. To have ownership of these services, resources allocation and have approval of all major changes in systems associated with areas of responsibility.
- To effectively manage technical support services to ensure cGMP compliance is maintained.
- To recruit, train, motivate, manage and support group personnel in order to increase performance and productivity.
- Contribute to the management of capital improvements projects within specific areas of expertise.
Ideal candidates for the role will possess previous relevant experience in Site Services management, including demonstrable knowledge of facilities / equipment, warehousing and administration systems within a laboratory or cGMP manufacturing organization. Previous experience of leading Health and Safety within an organization is also essential as is a proven track record of managing multidisciplinary teams and planning and achieving deliverables. An Engineering background is desirable but not essential.
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Keywords: facilities, engineering, GMP, cGMP, health and safety, site services, utilities