Senior Buyer - Engineering/Manufacturing - Staffordshire
Are you looking to work in a fast-paced environment, with excellent opportunities to progress in an experienced and driven team? If so this might be the role for you.
I am looking to recruit 2x Senior Buyers for a global organisation on a permanent basis to be based in Staffordshire, commutable from Derby, Stoke, Burton on Trent and Stafford.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a very knowledgeable Purchasing Director and to have input on several ongoing projects as well as managing a set of commodities from prototyping through to production.
The day to day activities include: -
- To work closely with internal stakeholders on NPI’s
- To manage commodity spend and oversee the purchasing spend from cradle to grave.
- To work closely with suppliers introducing new suppliers, auditing, contract negotiation, supplier management. Once suppliers have been identified and production has started, any problems that arise will come back for the commodity Buyer to manage.
- To ensure quality standards are met including involvement in new parts first off, initial sample inspection reports, PPAP, APQP compliance
- To work alongside supplier development engineers dealing with project readiness and supplier exit strategies, APQP.
- To reduce costs annually
- Drive improved levels of transparency
- To work with global teams to understand lowest total cost of acquisition for specific categories.
- Implement Long Term Agreements with assigned suppliers.
- Work with supplier development engineers on VA/VE and implementation of lean tool and techniques to improve quality, cost, and delivery performance
- Monitor supplier financials and report any at risk suppliers
- To lead global supplier relationship management activities.
The candidate can have either of the following experience: -
- Degree educated, with a minimum of 4/5 years experience managing direct material spend.
- An experienced purchasing professional who has progressed throughout their career and is very ambitious to progress further. Candidates must have a proven purchasing background, with a number of key achievements.
- A confident communicator, resilient, inquisitive in nature and ambitious.
- Can read basic mechanical engineering drawings.
My client is keen to get someone started in the role soon and can carry out interview within a few days. The salary on offer is very competitive but will be dependent on experience + 33 days holiday, contributory pension scheme. Working hours will be Mon - Thurs 8am - 5pm- Fri 8am -1pm.
I will be conducting telephone interviews for this position from 04/03-18/03 so please apply now to avoid missing out as interviews will take place if successful at CV submission.
To apply please send me your most up to date CV today.
If you have any questions then please reply to my email with a copy of your CV and any questions you may have.
I look forward to hearing from you.