Locum Childcare Lawyer x2
Locum Childcare Lawyer Vacancy (x2) - West Midlands
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two locum Childcare Lawyers to join an established team in a large Local Authority in the West Midlands. The assignments are for an initial period of 3 months but have a strong possibility of further extension.
Applications are welcome from Qualified Solicitors, Barristers or Legal Executives with previous experience working within a Local Government organisation and a basic understanding of Council processes and procedures.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking a large and complex individual Childcare caseload
- Providing legal advice on matters relating to child protection litigation
- Attending a range of hearing types and undertaking own advocacy in Court
- Handling applications for care orders under the S.31 Children Act 1989
- Dealing with emergency applications and adoption matters in court
- Attending strategy, pre-proceeding and legal planning meetings
- Reporting to Senior Solicitors on complex cases, policies and procedures
The position is offering a rate of between £36 - £42 per hour, dependent upon experience.
To apply please contact Lauren Watts or Emma Walker on or email your CV to This is a full time position, however, flexible working hours will be considered for the right candidate.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards and have been accredited with IIP and ISO accreditation, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.