Head of Electrical and Electronics - Europe
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world’s leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Head of Electrical and Electronics for Europe to be based at our European HQ in Warwick.
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery.
Responsibility for Technical Excellence for Electrical & Electronics (Auto / IHM / Aero)
Technology development & robust delivery to programmes and services
Accountability for Gateway delivery to programme and services needs
Custodian of component/system best practice and performance delivery
Core competences; skills, training and development
Recruitment and manning vs. programme and services needs
IT skilling, IT strategy for CoE specific tools
Business Development including client face off
Input to proposal development
Research and new technologies
Investment planning for equipment and facilities
Areas of Responsibility:
- Strategic Leadership in developing technology roadmaps and delivery execution plans
- Authoring Engineering Statements of Work to meet client requirements.
- Development and implementation of business, technology and R&D plans that are compatible with Tata Technologies Level 1 Objectives, Goals, Strategies & Measures.
- Awareness of market trends and developments in order to influence and manage the future development of the team
- Establishing and maintaining standards, processes, consistency and quality for delivery across all regions.
- Providing appropriate support and guidance to Programme and Project Leads and Engagement Managers to meet client requirements.
- Set targets and deliver objectives to grow & achieve recognised technical excellence in your domain.
- Setting KPIs for each area of your responsibility and reviewing performance with contacts
- Performance Management, resource planning and succession planning working closely with HR/Talent Acquisition teams.
- Proven track record of leadership within at least one of: automotive (preferably), aerospace & industrial machinery electrical & electronics including:
- Significant experience in the design and development of electrical & electronic (sub)systems including power supply and distribution, battery, hardware, network & control systems including embedded SW development.
- System level integration
- Significant experience in electrical and electronic components & (sub)systems including infotainment, control ECUs, HMI, lighting, sensors, security, telematics and all aspects of avionics.
- Good understanding of requirements capture, design for environmental constraints, regulatory compliance, product debug verification & validation
- Broad understanding of various OEM Vehicle New Product Introduction NPI processes
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Recognised qualification related to your domain (preferably degree level or above)
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary and performance related pay along with excellent benefits including:
Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
25 Days’ Holiday
Private Health Care
Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% off new JLR vehicles
Group Income Protection
Health Assured - Employee Assistance Program
Group Life Assurance
Health Shield - Private Health Cash Plan
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better™.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.