This position, based at the Hereford Head Office, is for a full-time Compliance Administrator.
Our client is an award-winning security and risk management company, protecting more commercial ships than any other company - also owning and operating its own vessels. Meeting the needs of clients and their stakeholders whilst operating in a complex security environment is the Company's number one priority.
The Compliance Coordinator will work to the Associate Director, Compliance in support of the wider business and focusing on the Company's Management Systems.
These systems are maintained in accordance with:
- National and international client / stakeholder requirements
- Relevant regulation / legislation
- Company accreditation and certification bodies
- The largest in the maritime security and risk management sector and a market leader in compliance
- 30 million turnover group with a small business flexibility mindset
- Focused on growth
- A fast-paced deal-making atmosphere
- Approximately 85 corporate personnel in offices, training centres and accommodation centres across the UK, UAE, Sri Lanka, Poland, India, South Korea, Japan, Nigeria.
- Approximately 1,000 operational personnel (crew & security) working in multiple high risk regions
- Internal Teams: Commercial, Operations [including Logistics, Licencing, Manpower), Offshore (Vessel Management), Intelligence, Finance, Business Management.
- To assist the maintainence / development of the group Integrated Management System for all business entities in line with Company ISO scope and certification:
ISO 28000:2007 & ISO 28007-1:2015 (Security Management / Maritime Security)
ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management)
ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management)
OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management)
- Commercial due diligence
- Flag State management support
- Policy and procedures - research and drafting
- To support the company at external audits and meetings including preparation of relevant documents in support of such events
- To support internal audits and systems tests on management systems
- Support to wider business tasks and teams as required & directed including the Operations Director, operations, commercial, legal, licencing, HSSE, special projects, offshore teams
The following skills are essential for this role
- Excellent research and writing
- Excellent IT covering the whole Microsoft Office suite
- Strong teamwork
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent communication
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation, able to take on tasks and request further clarification on a task where required.
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a complex and pressured environment.
- Excellent planning and time management capabilities.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and present recommendations to improve best practice.
- Strong administration with an appreciation of the importance of accuracy in reporting.
Required qualifications & experience
- University graduate
- Experience of an office based role
- Salary available on request
- Full time position. 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Annual Leave: 25 days pa plus public holidays