Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Our client is a successful award winning Building Contractor located in Cannock, Staffordshire, developing build, refurbishment and regeneration scheme for affordable and private housing, as well as commercial and industrial projects on-sites across the Midlands. Due to growth as they continue expand they are seeking Assistant Quantity Surveyors to join their business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is currently studying towards a Degree in Quantity Surveying or a recently Qualified Surveyor.
- Reporting directly into the Commercial Manager
- Measuring, pricing, and budget preparation through to completion
- Measuring and setting up material schedules for ordering
- Sub-contractor enquiry document preparation and analysis
- Negotiations with contractors and order placing
- Preparation and issuing of labour targets for site tradesmen
- Checking of subcontractor invoices for payment
- Monthly site visits to check progress and material stocks
- To attend college or further education (where offered or applicable) in line with company procedures
Education, Skills and Experience:-
- Degree Qualified or studying towards a Degree in Quantity Surveying
- IT skills - MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Good time management skills
- Clean, full, valid and current UK Driving Licence
If you're an aspiring Quantity Surveying student or have recently qualified, and you're seeking to join a successful award-winning business to kick start your career, and would like to work in a professional and friendly working environment, send your CV to Amy at or for a confidential discussion contact Amy on .
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.