Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
GBP24,762 - GBP26,500
Homebased with travel
Remploy, in partnership with MAXIMUS is an employee owned commercially focused employment services organisation that is the UK's leading provider of specialist employment support for disabled and disadvantaged people.
We are recruiting for an organised individual to join our team to case manage clients to a successful and timely outcome by providing holistic assessments, reports, and action plans with innovative solutions to potential work barriers. The role will involve liaison with a variety of 3rd party stakeholders, customers, and clients to support individuals with health conditions or disabilities to remain at or return to work.
- To provide vocational rehabilitation case management and retention/return to work support to clients.
- To conduct interviews and assessments / specialist assessments to determine the support needs of the client, compiling reports and recommendations to determine the most appropriate occupational direction for clients.
- To develop and implement retention/return to work action plans obtaining support where required from colleagues, partner organisations and external service providers.
- To actively maximize the opportunity for repeat / additional business through promotion / recommendation of RemployVR products and services.
- To research and maintain an awareness of VR / employment / health / welfare related issues, trends and news, and to establish and maintain appropriate and effective relationships and knowledge within both the consultants local geographic area and nationally.
- To meet and exceed personal case load targets for referrals and case closure as set by the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Manager / Section Head.
- To deliver any other objectives and targets as set by the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Manager / Section Head.
- To support regular reporting of activity against plans as set by the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Manager / Section Head.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong understanding skills / qualifications or experience of the development and implementation of return to work strategies, vocational rehabilitation and support mechanisms.
- Have skills / qualifications or experience of understanding and providing support to people with a wide range of disabilities.
- Experience of working to targets and time deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically around listening, questioning, building relationships, motivation and demonstrating initiative.
- Influencing skills that promote commitment and action to improve teamwork with all parties involved.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, accurate reports, statistics & documentation.
- Customer and outcome focused and solutions based approach.
- Planning, problem solving and organisational skills.
- To have the ability to travel independently as required.
Remploy is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, Remploy will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.