Dental Vocational Trainer
My client is a specialist Training Provider focused on delivering high quality apprenticeships across England and Wales. They are looking for a qualified and experienced Dental assessor to join their fun, creative and learner centred team.
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose is to train, assess and verify learner knowledge and competence against criteria defined by the relevant awarding organisation.
- Work effectively with colleagues to achieve the company mission, aspirations and values.
- Support learners, on a one to one basis and within workshops (if required), to achieve qualifications detailed within their individual learning plan.
- Carry out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities.
- Fully engage learners and employers in the learning process
- Undertake Internal Quality Assurers activities (If qualified/required)
- Ensure teaching and assessment practices are good as defined by Ofsted
- Maintain quality standards as defined by internal and external quality assurers
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of all assessment activities
- Support the recruitment and sign-up of new learners
- Assess learner capabilities and produce and maintain individual learning plans (ILP).
- Produce, implement and maintain schemes of work and lesson plans where applicable.
- Ensure workshops, if applicable, facilitate sufficient and demonstrable learning opportunities.
- Effectively track and report on learner progress against plan.
- Conduct regular progress reviews with every learner in line with delivery model requirements.
- Encourage and motivate learners to achieve targets contained in the ILP.
- Provide appropriate support to ensure learners achieve required knowledge and assessment standards.
- Complete all components of the framework in line with the timescales detailed in delivery models. (This can, depending on programme, include the QCF, technical certificate, functional skills-maths/English/ICT, Employer Rights and Responsibilities and Induction)
- Ensure learners are fully aware of the framework requirements and evidence required to demonstrate competency.
- Achieve framework outcomes in accordance with agreed targets and timescales.
- Provide relevant information, advice and guidance in order to support learner progression.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with learners and employers.
- Maintain regular contact with the internal verification team.
- Ensure data management department are provided with up to date information on all learners.
- Attend standardisation and team meetings.
- Ensure agreed revenue forecasts are fully met.
- Maintain learner achievement levels as agreed with line manager.
- Undertake Internal Quality Assurer responsibilities as agreed with line manager (If qualified/required).
- Work closely with the SEN team in order to provide support for learners with special educational needs.
- Undertake projects, initiatives and any other duties as directed by your line manager
- Participate in continuous professional development activities.
- Ensure all learners are treated fairly and without prejudice.
- Implement and maintain health and safety procedures/vetting and monitoring of the workplace.
- Share best practice both internally and externally.
- Contribute to annual self-assessment and quality improvement plan.
- Contribute to sustainability and becoming a global citizen.
- Ensure that colleagues and learners are safeguarded against all types of bullying or abuse.
- Adhere to ATLs equality and diversity policy in all aspects of work life.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.