Excellent opportunity for a Buyer from an automotive or Manufacgturing background looking for a varied position where you will play a key part in the production process for an industry leading company. Big spends and strategies required along with integration with new businesses.
Global Automotive manufacturer
As a buyer you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the machined component category across various facilities.
- Responsible for managing a large spend from a global supplier base including low- cost countries.
- Analyse cost data and quotations and identifying cost saving opportunities and value for money suppliers.
- Creating sourcing strategies for new and existing products within the businesses budget and deemed value for money.
- Manage supplier performance to make sure the business's goals are met, monitoring their quality, cost, and delivery metrics.
- Identifying and driving performance improvement of the suppliers through metrics.
- Managing and promoting good supplier relationships through regular review of KPIs through quarterly business reviews
- Ensure supplier contracts and orders are met
- Ensure continuous material and part availability
What we need from you:
- Ability to lead negotiations and support teams in the development of negotiations strategies for large and complex projects
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable commercial success within an Automotive and / or manufacturing environment is desired, but willing to consider all industries with the right competencies gained
- The determination to drive forward the business to 'Best in Class' performance standards.
- Results driven and the ability to deliver against aggressive targets to achieve the overall business objectives
GBP35,000- GBP45,000 Base + Package