Supplier Quality Engineer
You have the chance to join a market leading manufacturer that is still growing due to excellent product placement and market share. As the Supplier Quality Engineer you will be supporting them as they develop the quality of materials and products, ensuring that they meet or exceed the specifications. You will be supporting multiple departments in driving improvements across the factory and end to end supply chain.
This market leading organisation have an international presence and manufacture an array of consumer products into major retailers. Their site in the Coventry area is going through an exciting period of growth & as the as the Supplier Quality Engineer you will play a key part in ensuring customer satisfaction.
As the Supplier Quality Engineer you have the opportunity to join an exceptionally experienced company with a supportive team that that are looking to drive the business forward and continue to improve.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Monitor quality and service from external suppliers of factored goods and raw materials.
- Investigate all service and quality issues raised internally or by our customers that relate to these suppliers.
- Work with the suppliers to develop and implement process improvement plans, whereby they give the business a clear and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Provide feedback on any issues raised including proposed resolution.
- Monitor performance of supplier against process improvement plans.
- Carry out supplier audits for new and existing suppliers to determine their capability and in turn provide recommendations back to the business.
- Develop and maintain vendor performance measurement system, carrying out regular reviews with the vendors.
- Provide support for the procurement team as part of any negotiation process.
- Provide support to material control to ensure smooth flow of goods, meeting or exceeding our service and quality expectations.
- Ensure suppliers meet any new or current regulations as defined by the technical department.
- Ensure suppliers meet the design requirements consistently, as specified by the design team.
- Work alongside product management and sales to ensure the suppliers can meet our product quality and service requirements.
- Support the new product introduction process, ensuring goods from external suppliers meet the product and packing specifications. Support, develop and maintain packing specifications.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that packaging consistently conforms to specification and is suitable for our outbound supply chain.
- Documentation of supplier development processes including supplier audits and supplier quality processes.
- Meet health and safety requirements as specified in the Health and Safety policy.
- Participate in the budget setting for the department and monitor and control budgets within approved limits and in line with the business plan.
- Support internal business improvement activities and audits.
A Quality Professional with prior manufacturing experience (ideally within FMCG/a company with a consumer led product range) and the following:
- Ideally degree qualified
- Ideally Lead Auditor trained
- Experience of working with overseas suppliers would be an advantage
- Familiar with ISO9001/14001/45001 ideally with auditing experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent inter personnel skills as will be representing the company with overseas suppliers, often on their own
- Project management capability; can work collaboratively with internal and external counterparts
- Negotiation skills
- Collaborative Team Working
- Problem Solving
- Organisational Excellence
Circa £30,000 - £35,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85701045