We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accountant to join a well-established and known business at their Head office based in South Stoke on Trent. This is a newly created position due to a restructure within the department and therefore an opportunity for an individual to add value from an early start. This role will suit an individual with a flare for working collaboratively across departments, possibly with business partnering experience.
As you will be working within one company of a much larger Group there is great opportunity to develop your career as an Accountant and beyond across the Group. As an individual in this role you will need to be hardworking, efficient and possess excellent attention to detail.
This role is integral to the finance department and will support one dedicated area. Working as part of a small team and closely with the Financial Controller and Reporting Manager you will have full ownership of the management accounts at P&L level, be responsible for managing payroll and all related cost centre duties.
- Provide financial information to the operational teams & department heads.
- Own and manage the financial information flow, ensuring all data is on time and accurate.
- Suggest and demonstrate activities to increase the revenue of the business.
- Provide relevant and robust Management Information in order to support decision making process.
- Delivery of control account reconciliations ensuring that all accounts are reconciled on a regular basis.
- Responsible for all balance sheets for the specified business area, with particular emphasis on deferred revenue, accruals and prepayments.
- Manage payroll for both fixed and variable staff of the business, ensuring this is reflected accurately into the accounts.
- Actively review payroll spends and challenge budget holders if payroll spend is not in line with expectations.
- Business partner with relevant department heads, providing support on cost centre queries.
- Support the Financial Reporting Manager and FC as required with ad hoc projects
Revenue Accounting, Deferred Revenue, Leisure Industry, Cost Centre Analysis
You should have strong communication skills and be a confident problem solver. We’re looking for someone with a can-do attitude who is a self-motivator. As is good organisation skills and attention to detail.
CIMA/ACCA qualified or studying towards with a view to completing. You will hold appropriate experience of operating at this level with an excellent working knowing of Excel. Experience of SAGE and Opera would be advantageous however not essential. Candidates who are not professionally qualified are invited to apply.
For additional information please contact Kerri-Ann Hargreaves.
Privacy notice: At H2 Consultancy we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process - note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.