Business Partner - Risk and Controls
Churchill Howard has an outstanding opportunity for a large global building and construction group based in Birmingham who are actively looking to recruit an Business Partner in Risk and Controls.
The Business Partner - Risk and Controls is a key role in the finance team with key responsibilities as follows:
* Assist with the SOx control programme including the gap analysis, process documentation, and the design and implementation of robust processes to monitor and report on the status of SOx controls and control policies.
* Supporting the business to re-mediate control gaps identified through financial control framework, self assessments and internal/external audit.
* Tracking the status of actions assigned to the business including verifying evidence and supporting the business to implement within agreed timescales.
* Attending project steering groups to assist with risk identification and appropriate mitigating control design.
* Assist Group Internal, External Audit and IT SOx compliance functions where required to understand the control environment and business processes.
* Share best practice controls guidance with international control teams, and non-finance functions to raise risk and controls awareness within the business.
Suitable experience includes:
* Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) or relevant experience.
* SOx Experience .
* Risk assessment, scoping, planning, and delivery of internal control projects.
* Excellent inter-personal skills with strong influencing skills to build constructive working relationships with management.
* Delivering internal control projects to review identified risks and to improve business processes.
* Experience of international operations and / or of working outside the UK.
* Ability to add value through internal control activities.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.