IT Service Desk Analyst
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.This is the job
Want to be a part of our exciting journey here at one of the UK’s most trusted bands?
Do you have excellent customer service skills?
Have you got an understanding of ITIL processes?
Do you have experience in Servicenow?
We are currently searching for a Service Desk Analyst who will be responsible for providing first line technical support to internal AA staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/ systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of technical issues, which may range from straight forward to more complicated technical issues. As well as supporting the Oldbury site where the role is based you will work with remote users at other call centres, offices and home workers in our network.
This role reports into IT Service Operations, but will work closely with our third party desktop, infrastructure and application support providers.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a newly Transitioned Desk in which you will be there as new processes are implemented and brought to maturity.What will I be doing?
A summary of what the Service Desk Analyst will be getting up to:
- Act as a single point of contact for AA staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Maintaining the knowledge base for end user self-help and Service desk first line incident resolution and request fulfilment.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Log all reported issues or requests in the Service Desk Call Logging system (ServiceNow)
- 1st line support - issue capture and troubleshooting of IT related problems from AA business applications and Microsoft office software to hardware, such as Laptops, PCs and Printers, and connectivity issues.
- Perform basic Active Directory administration: Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups, etc.
- Co-ordinate with 3rd party support providers to arrange for external technical support where incidents cannot be resolved in house.
- Provide incident management ownership of all incidents, and oversight of requests to track status and communicate progress in a timely manner to the reporting users.
What are we looking for in our new recruit!
- Excellent customer service skills
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working as a Service Desk Analyst
- A minimum of 1 years’ managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and desktop applications, and experience using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Good knowledge of Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration
- Knowledge of Desktop and Office Infrastructure, and foundational knowledge of Datacentre Infrastructure.
- A technically orientated driven individual who is committed to providing excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent written communication skills
This experience would be really handy!
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential
- MCP certification would be desirable
- ServiceNow experience
- Insurance industry experience
The AA offers great benefits like hundreds of discounts available from money off trips abroad to cheaper car insurance. Our standard company benefits include:
- Free AA breakdown membership as standard, after a years’ service
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 25 days’ annual leave