Corporate Responsibility Manager - (Community & Communications)
Focusing on their Corporate Responsibility strategy, you will define new CR policies through close consultation with Buying Directors, Suppliers and other external stakeholders. Your innovative suggestions will challenge the way they do things and pave the way for new ideas that reflect how the business is evolving.
Whether you’re advising the business or managing a project, you’ll be given plenty of responsibility and autonomy to showcase your skills. You will take ownership of several key CR workstreams including community and charity engagement; food waste redistribution; reporting, stakeholder engagement and CR communications. The position would suit a quality-driven and motivated practitioner, able to work to tight deadlines.
Role and responsibilities include;
- Managing all charity partnerships
- Managing the UK food redistribution programmes
- Developing and implementing the UKs community engagement strategy
- Day to day management of the Community and waste budgets
- Developing activities to support UK wide employee engagement programmes
- Developing and implementing initiatives aimed at influencing customers to make more sustainable choices
- Promoting internal and external communications
Key personal attributes
- Demonstrates excellent understanding of the corporate responsibility agenda and trends relating to responsible business practices as well as a strong understanding of regulation and legislation.
- Proven ability in planning, organising and project management; able to prioritise multiple workstreams and meet key deadlines.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills with an ethical and transparent approach to working.
- Engaging and friendly, able to collaborate and bring colleagues on board with new initiatives.
- Resilient - comfortable working on multiple projects within a fast paced, fast changing working environment.
The successful candidate will possess a 2:1 degree with a focus on sustainability or charity engagement is preferred (or equivalent), 12 months Retail, manufacturing or employed charity experience and the ability to speak knowledgeably, accurately and with confidence on current environmental matters.
In return the Manager will receive a starting salary of £52,540 rising to £76,495 over 4 years, 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays, car parking and excellent career opportunities.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.